Our experience, by Anna de Gear






We're on Wednesday, in the middle of the week, we've just spent four days here, four days full of amazing activities and fantastic new friends and families.

Today I've expected to spend another great day and so was it. In the morning I've woken up at eight o'clock and then I've had breakfast with my mother (I call mum, dad, brother...to my host family members) and my to Italian sisters (the other two wonderful girls, called Julia and Constanza, who live with me in the house). Then I've gone to school, there I've met my Spanish, Italian and French friends and we've been talking for a few minutes, and like every day, at half past nine the classes have started.

I'm really enjoying my English clases, I'm learning many things, especially being able to speak English fluently. Also I want to say that I'm very lucky because my classmates are amazing (Maxime, David, Ana, Constanza,...).

The classes end at quarter to one, so then we've gone all together to The Canteen to have lunch.
Every afternoon we do different activities. Yesterday we had a fabulous Gaelic football training and today we've gone to the Wax Museum. The Wax Museum is situated in the city center of Dublín, so we've picked the Luas, the tram, and we've arrived there in just twenty minutes. Inside the museum we've seen and learned about some parts of the Irish History and culture like the Vikings, The Battle of The Boyne, The Good Friday Agreement and some things about the Irish Mythology. After all this great learning we've done some souvenir shopping and then we've gone back home to have dinner.

The dinner was delicious! My mother cooks really well and very healthy. I'm feeling so lucky to eat such a tasty food every day. During the dinner we've talked a lot. All the members of my family are very funny (now I can understand some humorous things like the Manflu) and for me it's a pleasure to learn English with them. Afterwards Brian, my brother, has gone to play a football match and I've gone with the Italian girls and other friends to the shopping center called Dundrum. Finally, around half past ten, we've gone back home to sleep.

It has been such a wonderful day!

This is my first time in Ireland and also my first time living with a family from a different country. I'm sure this experience will bring me a great improvement of my English level and also very good friends!

Anna

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario